Monday, March 10, 2008

Livin' La Vida Loca

Oh Ricky Martin, whatever happened to you and your hips?

For those that read this blog (the one post i've put up), which consequently is... no one.
I OBVIOUSLY did not update this as I said I would, what a shame. But really, what's to be expected? I am a serial blog ditcher.

I was only reminded that I even had this space when I was required to sign in to leave a comment. It was a pleasant surprise. Since I was in a bloggy mood (read: bored and feeling talktative) I decided an update was in order.

I honestly don't know if I will ever build this blog into the glory that was my former blogger (RIP runforever) or my current xanga (playformeacoustically), but I wouldn't be surprised if I do try to update here and there.

I never did like blogger (blogspot... whatever it's called) as much as xanga, but since xanga is turning into facebook, and you can host your blogger on your own domain (although I don't have one... yet) it kind of wins out as the more practical and sensible way to go when it comes to blogging.

I'm not sure how blogger and wordpress are different exactly (i mean they look the same, edit posts the same, etc. etc.) but I also have a wordpress site. you can try finding it, but it's guarded tighter than the taj mahal (a girl's got to have some privacy after all). Once I use it more, (mostly for angst filled posts about current loves and complaints), maybe the differences will become more evident.

I am glad that blogger doesn't make you save and then publish your posts anymore. I lost at least a handful of blog posts to that monster. I am still a little ticked that they're not updated enough to work with my Opera browser yet though. Whenever I post in Opera it screws up the formatting everytime and doesn't make the line breaks at the right place.

oh em gee now that I've wasted 2 (give or take depending on how fast you read) minutes of your time explaning the pros and cons of blogger, I'm sure you're probably turned off of reading this blog in the future. But I promise (girl scout honor) that the posts from here on out will be more entertaining.

In other news:

- We will be departing for Guatemala on Thursday afternoon which is so soon, but honestly too far away at this point. Besides the hours upon hours of plane travel (Boring!) to get there and back, I am SO excited for this trip. International Travel Virgin (ITV) no more!

-I was chosen as the youth advisory delegate (YAD) to General Assembly (Presbyterian talk. just think HUGE MEETING) for Mission Presbytery and accordingly they are paying for all of my expenses (travel, lodging, meals, etc) to go to the Assembly in June. Besides all the boring meeting stuff that's required, I'm really excited about staying in San Jose, CA (the assembly location) for 10 days and hanging out with the 172 other YADs while I'm there. And I'm really stoked that it will be FREE.

-It's not official yet (as in I'm not even supposed to know) but word on the street is that I got the postition of Adventure Program Manager for this summer at John Knox Ranch. And I'm UBER excited of course. Along with the other APM I'll be responsible for the ropes course, rock climbing, and rappelling at camp, all the equipment, and leading the programs. And of course, it comes with a pay raise, and a spot on Upper Leadership. I'm kind of estatic.

Since I'm feeling long-winded, and we all know no one reads long blog posts, I shall end this one with no further ado.

Au Revior!
Sianara!
Hasta Luego!
(and my personal favorite) I'm out like a beansprout.

Cindy

No comments: